War Report: July 2022
We share our milestone numbers and objectives in our July 2022 War Report, as well as the learnings and advice we have collected. We hope they will be useful in providing lessons for others who are in similar situations to ours or can benefit from their publication. Building in public is not easy, but we pretend our best.
Summer months are tricky ones. Even more for services companies, like ours. Clients are out for holidays and all processes take a bit longer than usual. That's why July has been a month for hitting a bit the break, realizing where are we and draw a plan for the last Q of the year (an important one :O). Wait, that's not all! We have had a launch of a new functionality... KEEP READING!
Sales (without taxes): As the title of that famous song, we will say: ‘Summer Time’. Summer is not a good time for any company. Vacation and lower activities are cause of lower income. However, we have managed to reach our monthly sales goal, even in July, which is good news!
Billing (without taxes): Some months ago, there was a notable difference between what we were selling and what we were invoicing. Although July billing is lower than June’s one, it is great news to prove that billing is currently equitative to sales at Manfred. Both have downsized a 5% from last month.
Current: There are many reasons for having a decrease in our Current. Some of them are the payment of Q2 incentives to our Scouting team, term taxes are also paid…
Sales (without taxes): consulting services, Manfred Daily offers, or commissions coming from hiring processes.
Billing (without taxes): invoices sent out. They tend to match sales, but we still have a certain time gap and, in addition, the invoicing assumes the possible corrective invoices that have to be made.
Current: the company's total assets and economic rights (cash, assets, outstanding receivables, and dividends).
Our favorite part, of course. More if we have many things to tell, like for this month’s War Report. July has been a pretty complete month in terms of reaching objectives. Some new teammates have joined our team, like Juanpe Belmonte, Marketing Intern, or José Manuel Álvarez, Frontend Developer.
We have also reached the number of 17.000 Manfredites in our database, for which we are thankful to all of you, for giving us all of your support.
In terms of Product, we have had a new and big Product Release: ‘Your Job Applications’. This new functionality will allow you, as a Manfredite, to apply to any position, at any company, on any platform, by creating a customized link in Manfred. Also, with that link your application will be completely trackable. You will be able to know if your Profile has been opened, when and where. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
- To sale and invoice at least €235K (😊). REACHED! Even more, as said before, we managed to reach the sales goal during summer period, which makes things a bit harder.
Development and Product
- Export a summarized version of your CV to PDF (😊). More classical, traditional and, what is more important, actually printable. Now, your Manfredite profile has a new printable view.
- Next steps to write Manfredite’s data in LinkedIn, add more beta-testers (😊). It is a long and hard path the one we have in front of us, but also challenging. We are making some big steps in the integration with LinkedIn. This month we have added more beta-testers to help us trying.
- Create and share Your Job Applications(😊). Now you’re able to apply to any job position at any company, on any platform you want, all from Manfred. We have developed a new functionality that allows you to create a customized link containing your Manfred Profile, so you can share to any job opportunity. Oh! Yes! That link is trackable, which means you will be able to see if it has been opened, when and where.
- Keep the onboardings of the new Development Fredders(😊). José Manuel and Óscar have been the last two Fredders to join our Development team. After their onboarding period, we can proudly say that they flying on their own!
- Keep JuanPe’s onboarding going(😊). Juanpe Belmonte was our last joining for our Marketing team. After some onboarding weeks, he’s starting to take control of the situation!
- Kick off Montaraz project(😊). YAAAAAAAY! We can’t be more excited to be marking this goal in green. Many of you have started receiving your welcome packs at home.
- Your Applications campaign(😊). We launched, with the last Product functionality, a Marketing campaign trying to explain all of you the benefits we are giving to you. You may have heard or read about it on Twitter, your mailing inbox, LinkedIn or our website.
- Attending JBCN Con(😊). Our wonderful Developer Advocate, Sven Peters, was at JBCN Conf heading a talk about ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to a Great Developer Career’.
- Focusing on onboardings (😊). Juanpe Belmonte and José Manuel, our last two joinings, are already rolling by themselves. It has been an amazing role from the Happiness department in taking care of he onboardings.
- Starting to grow a new Happiness proposal (😊). YAY! And it is AWESOME. We will tell you a bit more really really SOON.
- To sell and invoice at least €140K. It will be hard, especially because August (as a part of the mentioned Summer time) isn’t an easy month for companies.
Product & Development
- Synchronization with Linkedin. Show must go on! With the help of our betatesters we are still implementing and improving the Manfred module that will allow you to keep your Linkedin profile updated with the data you have in Manfred. As you can imagine Linkedin does not make it easy for us, and our goal is to have more than 20 users with a 70% success rate.
- New portal. We have started working on the new version of what will be the Manfredite portal. As a first step, and as a goal for August, we want to restructure the forms that we have today in the new layout, so that, from there, we can iterate, improving the UX, and adding modules that add value to you.
- Website Features Page
- First Job Offers Emails. Yep, it is exactly what you are thinking about. We are preparing a segmentation project that will take many benefits for you when searching for a new job opportunity at Manfred.
- Sharpening the Axe and getting prepared for September actions planned. We’re about to face the last Q of the year, which means WAR AND WORK. We have many goals yet to achieve. We will be preparing ourselves during August for the projects to come in September.
If you want to learn more, you can find further details on our public roadmap.