Digital Data Analyst - Sr Google Analytics
Come be part of a unique, creative fashion company, known for its style, friendliness, humor and fun! Help lead the company’s transformation into a data driven, modern retail and digital powerhouse. They are hiring the best analytical talent to transform the company from a traditional retailer to an omnichannel, insights driven company over the next 5 years. Are you ready for the challenge? 😏
Top data scientists, digital analysts, data engineers and market researchers are coming together to produce insights that will transform the way people buy, sell, and make products.
As part of the Global Analytics Team, you will work with some of the best minds in the business, recruited from the top universities 🎓 in the world. You will sit at the intersection of technology and retail, bringing the two industries together with innovative solutions that work at scale. You will be inspired by experienced industry leaders and work on open-source platforms in the fast-paced, diverse environment that is Fossil ⌚. Our Analytics Team has won industry awards that recognize the cutting edge quality of our work from the American Marketing Association and the Association of National Advertisers (you can watch the video here and know some of your data-mates😍).
We are in the middle of migrating from Universal Analytics to GA4 and are looking for a team member who will help guide and work on this process. We will be building out Data Studio dashboards and other helpful resources for the business teams.
You will also be involved in implementing tags within GTM, troubleshooting current tags, and maintaining a high level of security within all tagging on our sites.
In 1 month
You will have already met our team, and your primary stakeholders in other teams. You will have caught up on the digital analytics architecture (GA, GTM), data layer and how it works. Furthermore, you will have all the necessary systems access and documentation. Initial projects will include implementation of GA4 (migrating from GA360) and server-side tagging for key media partners.
Fossil Group has offices spread across the world. Our analytics team has members in the US, Canada, India, Spain and Switzerland, so you’ll do it:
- 100% remotely from anywhere in Spain
- With autonomy, day to day, but coordinating ideas and efforts with the team
- With great pros from different countries (in their corresponding time zones) and cultures who communicate with each other in English
- We will have weekly virtual meetings to ensure collaboration, communication and team building
- On a bi-annual basis we may do in person meetings in Barcelona, Spain or Basel, Switzerland for team building, training, collaboration and innovation purposes
- These meetings combine working meetings and presentations with fun activities
You will have a flexible schedule. You will have to bear in mind the team you work with, including stakeholders in multiple time zones, but you will have autonomy and flexibility to adapt your working day to your personal life. You will need to have availability for meetings between 3pm and 6pm Spain time, the overlap time with the teams in Texas, US (Central Standard Time).
This position is 100% remote from anywhere in Spain, so as long as you are sure you have a good connection, it doesn't matter where you are working from!
From time to time we’ll meet up, so we'll invite you to get to know each other in person and celebrate.
We also have an office in downtown Barcelona if you wish to go there to hang out with co-workers once in a while (but it’s optional).
At Fossil you will work with multiple teams and leaders within our global organization. Some of the leaders you will work with are listed below. We are one big family and we all work very well together.
- Damian Fernandez Lamela (VP - Data Science and Analytics) is a great leader within our organization. He leads the global 🌎 analytics team consisting of Data Science, Market Research, Digital Analytics, CRM, Data Engineering, Market Share Data and more.
- Deepa Iyer (Director - Data Science and Market Research) leads our Data Science and Market Research 🕵️♀️ team. This includes studies to help with product development, marketing and pricing. The work her team does helps support our entire ecosystem.
- Marcela Gutierrez (Director - Digital Analytics) is based in our EMEA office and has been with Fossil ⌚ for close to 9 years. Her team manages digital analytics insights and customer experience insights for our global ecommerce sites.
We are asking for someone who has experience working with ecom development teams, understanding time constraints and dependencies with other departments. Here are some of the requirements that you should meet:
- 4+ years of experience, at least 2 years in digital analytics and 1 year in GTM (Google Tag Manager)
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, understanding of all aspects of analytics tool (pathing analysis, cohort analysis, segmentations, sequential segmentation and analysis, etc) to make sense of online behavioral data and generate insights
- Technical experience with digital tagging, solution design, data layer, tag management systems and analytics platforms implementations
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Ability to clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to construct a cohesive, visual story
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to understand larger business needs and the application of digital analytics to address them
- Google Analytics certifications or advanced degree
- Experience with data visualization and Google Data Studio
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Commerce Cloud experience
- Proactive approach to data exploration and opportunity identification
Google Tag Manager
This would be good
Google Data Studio
This gives extra points
Adaptability to change
This would be good
Attention to detail
This gives extra points
Good written communication
💰 €40/month to compensate for remote working + Spot Bonus of €200 as compensation extra equipment
🕓 Flexible working hours (except for the contact hours with the team indicated in “When you'll work”)
💻 By default, the team works with Windows laptops, but some folks like Macs
🏖️ 26 days of holidays
🗺️ There’s no established career path. The managers are responsible for helping members in their team to grow into the positions that they’d like
💂 They have extensive professional development online classes available