We don't fill positions, we build careers.
In the digital job market, there are countless recruiters looking for the best talent for their customers: growth companies. We are a Talent Agent serving a different client, you. Manfred is here to help you find career opportunities to meet your life goals.
We are uncovering a better approach to recruiting by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work, we have come to value:
People & needs over CVs & offers
Symmetry of information over privileged information
Transparency over opacity
Career building over job searching
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
We have open sourced our contract templates. The best commitment to our manifesto is to publish our contracts, for both candidates and companies. Same terms and conditions for everybody, transparency over opacity.
You can download, fork, watch and star our contract templates on GitHub.
Talent Agents? What's the main difference with recruiters?
Well... the most important one is that candidate is the customer not the product.
We are a company looking for talent. Could we work with you?
Sure! But believe us, we are not standard recruiters. Don't expect a bunch of CVs from us. If we send you a candidate it is because we have cherry picked her/him and we truly believe that she/he could be perfect for your organization.
Please, read all FAQs to understand how we work. Don't hesitate to send us an email with your request. We will be happy to chat with you!
What is your business model?
Oh... it's pretty simple. If a candidate accepts a career opportunity via Manfred, we receive 10% of their 1st-year Gross Salary as a one-time fee.
(e.g if candidate signs a contract with a €50,000 Gross Salary, we will charge €5,000)
Candidates are the Customers? So... do they have to pay you? :O
Well... it depends.
- If we manage to get them into a specific hiring process, proactively, following their mandate and requirements (e.g. "I want to work in the e-commerce niche -but not in IKEA, I hate meatballs- not far from Sada (A Coruña, Spain) and my salary should be €40,000") then yes, candidates NOT the companies will pay the fee (in this specific example, €4,000)... and they will be super happy to do that!
- If one company comes to us asking for a specific profile that could match one of our customers and, we reactively include them in the hiring process, companies NOT the candidates will pay the fee... and they will be superhappy to do that.
There are some edge cases such as counter-offers, promotions, hiring process directly managed by candidates... please, take a look at our contracts to see how we handle all cases.
So, do you want to charge a fee for other people's work?
Not really. Actually we want to get paid for OUR work in partnering with people in managing their professional career and helping them find opportunities to enhance it. No more no less.
What do you mean when you say "partner with people in managing their professional career"?
We don't work with job offers, we work with incredible people. We won’t just focus on a specific position, instead we will discover their goals, and collaboratively build a plan to achieve them. We will work on their resume to best highlight their strengths and before any interviews, identify areas for improvement.
Will your Candidates lose control over their own career?
Not at all. They decide what kind of jobs we will look for... and avoid. Candidates must explicitly consent to all steps in the hiring process - even when it meets all their requirements - so they always retain total control. Their career. Their rules.
How will you manage the hiring processes once I hire you as an agent?
Again, it depends. If you ask us to approach proactively one specific company (e.g. "I wanted to work in Lego ever since I was a child") it's going to be extremely difficult to impose our own terms BUT if companies approach us proactively (directly or using a recruiter) we will enforce the following conditions:
- We will get detailed information about the entire hiring process (phases, meetings, tests, terms...) before you decide if you want to be part of it.
- We will contact the company and we'll keep you posted about what's going on. No more waiting time without any info.
- If, at the end of the process, you were not successful we will gather feedback from the target company to understand why and how we can improve your approach to your next opportunity and also improve the process for future candidates interested in that company. We will also ask the company to remove all your data according to the current European Privacy Law.
- If, at the end of the process, you receive an offer, we will negotiate your salary on your behalf to help improve your negotiating position.
You always have complete transparency to every detail of how we work with companies that work with us via our public and open source contracts on our GitHub Repository.
I'm born/living in a Kingdom far far away. Could you still be my agent?
Sure! We have customers even in exotic places like Murcia :) Right now, most of our contacts are in Spain and even if the companies here are open to hire remote workers, you should have a valid EU working permit or be available to be hired as a contractor. Thus, for our MVP, we want to focus on the Spanish market but we will listen to any proposals and review on a case-by-case basis.
Do I have to pay anything in advance? How could I hire you?
A good first step is to complete the relevant contact forms found at the bottom of this FAQ. Then, we should meet (offline or online) to figure out if we are aligned and that it makes sense to work together.
Please, remember that we are not a big company yet, but just people like you :) Forgive us if our response time is not close to lightspeed and, if you are a candidate, you must understand that each of our agents can work just with a limited number of candidates to provide the quality of service they deserve.
As we scale, we also ask you to not get mad at us if we answer back that we can't work with more candidates or ask you to work together in the near future. We don’t want to say 'YES' when we can't give you the service we want to deliver.
If you are a candidate looking for career help or a company looking for talent, please contact us.