After investing 3 months learning all about the tech recruiting business we reached a conclusion: it’s broken and we want to try to fix it. We’re starting by providing a Talent Agency Service for both candidates and companies.
It’s just the beginning. The ultimate goal is to build a full product to change the way we hire and we get hired to revamp the market.
We have been meeting with all actors involved (companies, candidates, recruiters, job boards, etc.) for the past 3 months, trying to understand why it is so difficult to hire good tech talent. After a lot of conversations, 347 coffees and 2,698 mails, we have reached a surprising conclusion.
Technical Recruitment is broken
- Most recruiting businesses are opaque and not necessarily value orientated… for example, some recruitment agencies restrict key information about the positions they manage because they work without exclusivity and they don’t want competitors pitching services to their current customers.
- Most apps/platforms/services/boards out there are designed only for those actively searching for a job… but >80% of IT professionals are not looking for a new job.
- Last but not least, everything is focused around job offers not candidates… but this is not e-commerce or social media. We’re not talking about boxes or bits but about real people and their lives.
Manfred Talent Agency Is Born To Change Recruiting
We really believe that things can be done differently and, to learn more about what candidates want and what companies need, it makes sense to test our model first as a premium service before building a product from scratch.
The new Manfred Talent Agency, available from today, is that premium service:
- It’s people-centric: for the very first time, candidates are the customers not the product
- It’s also for the >80% not looking for jobs: we focus on building careers
- It’s value oriented: if we don’t provide REAL value, we won’t charge a cent
It’s the first implementation of our ideas and, also the first realization of a service offering derived from our manifestos ideals:
To honor our manifesto and to be as transparent as possible, we have open sourced our contracts with both candidates and hiring companies.
If you want to keep you posted about the building process of our future talent platform, please, follow us on Twitter. If you are interested in our Talent Agent service -as candidate or as company- you can read more about our service.
PS: What about the good ol’ Manfred?
No worries! We will continue sending 5 transparent offers per day, with salary details, directly to your mobile phone. The only change you will notice is the name – from now, our service is called Manfred Daily. Sounds good, eh?