Java Backend Developer
Adyen is the payment platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Their team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. Together, they deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. Now, they serve the world's leading companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Camper, Glovo, and Spotify. The engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. Does it sound interesting?
They face unique technical challenges at scale, and they solve those as a team. Adyen took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. They're looking for more talented problem solvers to help them address a unique set of challenges. Currently, they are expanding the Financial Services engineering teams in Madrid, Adyen’s new technology hub in Europe!
- You will build and maintain their distributed high-performance platform.
- They launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many businesses and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible from its initial design to bringing new functionality live.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
- As an engineer you will be helping their core financial data processes and working on their finance infrastructure, to keep it scalable, reliable and secure.
For more information about what it's like working in Adyen, check out their formula and also their tech-blog.
En 1 mes
You will meet the team and learn about Adyen's culture, their platform, their customers and their engineering mindset. Also, you will release live code to the live environment, potentially affecting thousands of merchants and millions of shoppers, within your 1st month.
As developer, you will be in charge of coding with object-oriented programming languages.
You should keep the quality of the product.
Be able to take ownership and lead a project -if you feel like it-, and who enjoys writing testable code.
Communicate and have the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts.
¿Cómo lo harás?
Adyen believes and promotes autonomy and self-management. They are looking for people who take responsibility for their time and their code from inception to deployment.
They honor their agreements and take 100% responsibility for their actions. In addition, they are aware that they can always improve and welcome suggestions to continue growing
But, they explain perfectly in this post: The Adyen way of engineering.
They expect you to be available from 9 to 5 p.m to meet with rest of the team. However, they are also flexible and understand that sometimes due to the normal course of life it won’t be exactly those hours.
Día laborableJornada completa
Lunes a Viernes
You will have the best of the two worlds. You can work from their office in Madrid -Calle Serrano 37- and from your home! They have a hybrid model!
¿Con quién trabajarás?
With your teammates in Madrid, in Amsterdam and sometimes from any of our 26 offices around the globe. Here you have some team members:
Onno van Paridon: VP of Engineering & Spain Site Lead.
Juan Cifuentes: VP of Product and Operations.
- Experience working with Java and with SQL/PostgreSQL databases.
- They are looking for Software Engineers with senior experience working with object-oriented programming languages
- If you are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail will be great.
- Someone able to take ownership and lead a project and who enjoys writing testable code.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts.
- Full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English, since they are an international team.
Atención al detalle
Trabajo en equipo
Capacidad de abstracción
Capacidad de mentorización
Gestión de equipo