BeBanjo builds easy-to-use products that make their customers great at managing content for their streaming platforms. Their customers are Hollywood studios, streaming platform operators and broadcasters across the globe and their product is at the heart of the ongoing revolution in the way films, TV series and other media content are produced, distributed and consumed.
Enterprise systems are often ugly, bloated and overly complicated. Users hate using them, new team members are scared to turn them on, and businesses spend a fortune upgrading them. BeBanjo is all about building consumer-grade simplicity into their user interfaces. So that their end-users are presented with the right data, to do the right job at the right moment, and nothing more. Their products are enjoyable to use, easy to learn, and a joy for their customers to deploy and integrate.
BeBanjo also cares about creating an environment where people's best work can happen. They’re kind to each other, look after each other, and make sure everyone’s voice is heard when decisions need to be made.
Within this environment, you will build and grow the products, always staying true to their mission to create high-functioning software that's easy to use:
- You will take your team of designers and developers along to research calls with users/customers and work together to make well-informed product decisions.
- You will define the product roadmap, drawing on the expertise of talented designers and developers from your team, and the knowledge of teams like sales and account management.
- Likewise, you will explain your views and analysis (even in cases where work is simple, small and self-evident) so that the right context is available to BeBanjo and beyond.
- You will find opportunities to improve product processes and take responsibility for driving some of those improvements.
En 1 mes
With a lot of support from the Product team:
- You’ve spent time with a big chunk of the BeBanjers. You’ve learned what they care about and how you will work with them.
- You’ve reviewed the product and demonstrated your understanding of how the modules fit together to provide value to our customers.
- You’ve overseen the delivery of a feature, and learnt how ideas become software at BeBanjo.
Collating, reviewing and refining ideas to provide new potential directions for the roadmap.
Working with design to plan and execute customer/user research projects and communicating insights/impacts.
Documenting problems and user stories to provide a single source of truth for your team and others at BeBanjo.
Speaking to customers about released features and measuring impact (albeit qualitatively).
You will work with Zak (the Product Lead) to evaluate progress on your area of the roadmap, and determine the upcoming work priorities (we use now, next and later in the roadmap). Once your focus is clear, you will work closely with design and development to research, ideate, describe, design and deliver new features and capabilities into the product. Some will be small, some will be large, some will be tactical and some will be strategic. You will document most of your work in Notion.
Your team will work in 5-week iterations (with a 1-week break in-between so that all members of the team can relax and prepare for the next iteration). You will manage different types of work in parallel. You will spend time speaking to customers and thinking about what we should do in the future. Furthermore, you will rely on the support of Technical Account Managers who can explain how their different customers operate, what they care about and provide introductions to users to aid your research, when needed. Design will be working on solutions to well-defined problems and rely on you from time-to-time to clarify whether a certain interaction makes sense, or provides the desired value, you might need to dig deeper and spend some time to come to a conclusion. You will have these conversations on slack, or in the relevant Github issue comments
Development will split designed features up into manageable chunks (each as a separate github issue) and start grabbing them from the kanban. Occasionally they will ask you to clarify a user behavior or explain a roadblock and again, you might need to roll up your sleeves from time-to-time to help them resolve it.
BeBanjo have been working remotely for a very long time (they were doing it before it was cool 😎 ) and as a result, the need for asynchronous communication and time for deep focus are ingrained in their culture. So, your schedule will be very flexible and most of the time you will be able to decide when to work. Just take into account that the role of product manager involves its fair share of meetings (both internal and with customers) and therefore some overlap with European business hours (CET/CEST 9am–5pm) is required.
Día laborableJornada completa
BeBanjo have been a fully remote company for over 10 years, and it's an experience that they have been polishing since they started. They use tools like Slack, GitHub and Notion to communicate with one another, and give each other the space to reply when they can make the time. BeBanjo know that working remotely can be a little daunting, so they have offices in London, Madrid and LA in-case you want to spend a little time at the water cooler with your friends, and they host meet-ups on a regular basis because it’s not always easy to bond with your colleagues over a video-chat.
Elena Busto: Design lead - Elena designs some wonderful user experiences, recently kicked off a major project to redesign our catalog module, and runs a team of three designers who like to make new things, that users love.
Miguel Ángel Dávilla: Front end developer - Dávilla is a wizard with CSS, has a great eye for detail and pulls some of the funniest faces at BeBanjo. He loves Lavapies, Madrid (where our Spanish office is located) and is the best person to take a tour with when you visit.
Eliska Hutnikova: Back end developer - Eliska loves solving problems with code, and is great fun to talk to when you want to know how something could be done. She has a great sense of humor, and will definitely share a joke with you on slack when she isn’t in a super-productive flow state.
- You have 3+ years of demonstrable experience shipping digital products, in collaboration with product teams consisting of designers and developers.
- You have experience with web technologies and modern web products.
- You are empathetic and curious, never settling for the answers that leave you wondering.
- You have a great command of spoken and written English (both of which are essential to communicating and aligning internal and external stakeholders)
- BeBanjo’s customers are based primarily in Western Europe and the US. You will work from where you want, but you should have enough overlap with business hours in Europe and be prepared to travel to meet and speak with our customers on a semiregular basis