Battle Report: November 2022
We are sharing with you our key financial numbers and business objectives in the October 2022 edition of the Manfred Battle Report, as well as any big learnings and key advice we have collected along the way. We hope all this will prove useful in providing important lessons for others who are in similar situations to ours or can benefit from them being openly published online. Building in the public eye is not always easy, but we intend to do our very best.
It's not just about the numbers, no matter how good or bad they are. It's about bringing something new into this world through an epic journey of creation. Making a bold idea a reality, despite challenges and obstacles, is thrilling. We didn't reach some of the goals we set for ourselves this month, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. We open ourselves in two to show you the reality of the past month.
Gross Sales (excl. tax): Unfortunately, this month we have not reached our sales target. However, we are pleased to report that we have managed to improve on last month's sales figure. While we are not where we want to be, we are heading in the right direction and are determined to continue growing and end the year on a high note. We are taking steps to improve our sales strategy and are confident that with hard work and dedication, we will be able to achieve our goals.
Gross Billings (excl. tax): Sales and billing are the twin pillars of any successful business. One drives growth and revenue, while the other ensures that we are able to collect payment for the goods and services we provide. This month, we have seen a slight increase in sales, but we know that without effective billing processes, our success would be fleeting. We are committed to honing both our sales and billing strategies, and with determination and hard work, we will continue to rise and conquer new heights. Join us on this epic journey of growth and prosperity.
Current: Unfortunately, our current figures continue to fall. We are disappointed by this trend and are working to address it in the coming months. We are analysing the reasons for the decline and are implementing strategies to turn things around. We are confident that with hard work and dedication, we will be able to improve our performance and achieve our goals.
Gross Sales (exclu. tax) refers to consulting services, Manfred Daily offers, or commissions coming from selection processes.
Gross Billings (excl. tax) refers to invoices sent out. This tends to match Gross Revenue, but we still have a certain time gap and, in addition, the billings take into account any possible corrective invoices that have to be made retrospectively.
Current refers to the company's total assets and economic rights (cash, assets, outstanding receivables, and dividends).
Hey Ho! Let's Go! In this month's report, we achieved several important goals. We have managed to import data from LinkedIn into Manfred, something that we had on our table for a while. This simplifies and improve the process of collecting and managing information about manfredites.
Our new portal, which offers a better user experience and greater functionality for our clients, has also been launched. We didn't get the answer we were hoping for, but we managed to get a lot of learnings out of it. And yes… WE ARE ON TWITCH! We are very happy with the result of these broadcasts, and we hope to continue using this tool to approach our community and offer them interesting and fun content.
In addition, the Happiness team has launched a project to improve the culture of remote work in our company. We know that working remotely can be challenging, and we are working on solutions to improve communication and collaboration among team members, regardless of their location. We are sure that this project will be beneficial for both our employees and our company as a whole.
- To sell and invoice at least €264K (😔): We are saddened to report that this month we have fallen short of our sales target. The shortfall is painful, coming in at a staggering €54K. That's the thing about building in public, sometimes you show the good, and sometimes you show the bad. It's as real as it gets, and you don't always win. However, we are not defeated. We will persevere and continue to strive for success. We are working on a plan to turn things around and will do everything in our power to improve our performance.
Product & Development
- Import from LinkedIn (😊): We can proudly say that the functionality to import your data from LinkedIn is now fully available. We understand the importance of keeping your professional experience up to date, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do so. With this new feature, you can quickly and easily import your LinkedIn data directly into our platform, saving you time and effort.
- Offer alerts (😑): Last month, we introduced to you this new functionality that we are working on. Now, we know what you're thinking - "Wow, that sounds amazing! When can I start using it?" Well, we have to be honest with you...it's not quite ready yet. But don't worry, we have a team of highly skilled (and highly caffeinated) engineers working around the clock to make it happen as soon as humanly possible. STAY TUNED ANTÚNEZ.
- Change of password (😊): We are always making improvements to our profile settings to make them even more user-friendly and intuitive. This feature has been highly requested by many… WE GOT YOU COVERED. Now you can change it whenever you want, but remember, “12345” or “qwerty” are not the best options. 🤪
- Launch of the New Portal’s campaign (🙂): Campaign Launched! While the initial results were not as successful as we had hoped, valuable lessons were learned. This was a difficult battle, but we knew how to respond, and we fixed our mistakes to help you understand everything cool about the New Portal. If you want to check the ins and outs by yourself, you can do it by clicking here. P.S.: We will not send more emails explaining a new feature without a CTA. 😅
- Are we becoming streamers? 😲 Twitch, here we come!!! (😊): There is a NEW SHERIFF in town 🤠. We're having a great time on our Twitch streams and will continue to keep the platform buzzing with interesting content. Aren’t you subscribed yet? 👉 DON’T MISS IT.
- Launch of hiring project (😑): We had everything well underway, but time can be unpredictable, and we had to wait until December to make it public.
Little secret: I am pleased to inform you that it is now available, even though it does not correspond to the month of November. Here is the information for you to do with as you please. 😌
- Launch project to improve remote culture (😊): The last edition of P.I.N.G. featured our CHO, and it was great to see the work she does to make Manfred a great place to work. As part of our internal project, we are evaluating our meetings or the mood of the Fredders to keep improving our culture.
- Exceeding the number of 60 leads (😑): ALMOST! By just three leads, we missed our goal. The number rises to 84 leads when you add in the clients that have already worked with us, which is still a pretty good number. Despite all that, we can't consider this one complete.
- To sell and invoice at least €270K: WE DON'T JUMP OFF THIS SHIP 🚢. We did not reach last week's target? So let's raise it 😎. That's how we do things at Manfred, and we won't stop until we achieve our goals. Get ready, soldiers.
Product & Development
- Offer alerts: The project is still in the oven, and we are close to seeing the light of day and helping the manfredites. Don't believe us, want to bet something? 😏
- Onboarding from applying to offers: Our goal is to enhance the user experience and facilitate the onboarding process. That's why we want to implement the possibility to register into Manfred from the actual job offers, without having to go back from the homepage.
- Launch of the Recruitment Process Comparator: We can say that this one is well advanced. NOPE, we are not cheating… you are. 😝
- Livestream on Twitch about Hiring Processes and Transparency: Same thing here. We want to share the word and talk with some of the people in charge of making this processes to see what do they think about this and how the Comparator can be useful for many people in the tech industry.
- Compass project constructor, helping Manfredites to find their North: Who said we don't have more amazing projects on the table? 👂 It's time to put on your overalls and start laying the first stone on a new functionality that will make your life much easier when it comes to finding new job opportunities. 🙌
- Launching two hiring processes to join Manfred!: - Manfred, are you hiring? + YES, we are HIRING! We are looking for a new Scout for our team as well as an Account Manager. Are you interested? Then don't hesitate and contact us to join the family. 💙
- Get insights from ‘Improve our Remote Culture’ project: The project is now live, and it's time to unleash its full potential. We must extract the data and scrutinize it with the precision of a surgeon's scalpel. Only then can we discern the results and draw the ultimate conclusions. 👀
- Exceeding the number of 60 leads: Wouldn’t it be nice to finally reach that goal? After falling short by just a little bit, we are back at it with vengeance. We ain’t joking, this time around we are coming for you.